Font stuff > 3.1

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Aug 22 00:30:40 CEST 2004

On Saturday 21 August 2004 23:16, Peter Kuemmel wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> >    what are exactly those "small corrections" you refer on files not
> > *_win.cpp?
> >    They should be exactly the same on all platforms, imho the only thing
> > that should ever change from the porting project is *_win.cpp files, the
> > rest should be left just as TT did it ;)
>
> You  are absolutly right, qdir.cpp should not be touched - it was a
> quick and dirty solution, because the 3_2 branch is not up to date.
It was build up with the first qt 3.2 release, so my suggestion is to use a
recent qt 3.3.x release and to apply the _win* and other files. The changelog
produced with the perl app cvs2cl (found in the internet) can give you the
related informations.  I will see if i can setup a new qt3.3 cvs branch, but
this will need a while, so using a local qt source may be the best solution
for now.

> Changing qt_windows.h is ok  because it's not provided by TT
> and in qglobal.h are only the same debugging marcos (qPortDebug) defined.
which could be removed. This macro was introduced to make is easier to insert
debugging info with file,line and function name printing (using g++).
Unfortunally most win32 compilers does not support the __FUNCTION__ macro, so
this does not help in real.

Cheers