QT/WIN32: VC Patches

IVAN DE JESUS DERAS TABORA ivan_deras at yahoo.es
Sun Apr 25 01:53:55 CEST 2004

 --- Alvyn Liang <sacch.liang at msa.hinet.net> escribió:
> Sorry, pop up a question here.
> What is the difference between QT win32 and the
> version Trolltech has released for Win32?
Trolltech hadn't release a GPL version for Windows,
they had released a version of QT 2 for free for
non-comercial development but without source !!
Also they have released a free version of QT 3 (same
as QT 2) but only if you buy their book!!

http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/book.html

> I thought qt-win-eval-msvc-3.3.1 is the version for
> win32..... isn't it?
It's a trial version (30 days no source, no GPL)

> So why do we need patches?

Because we are working in the GPL version of QT3
released for X11, but we are making the necesary
changes to map X drawing with GDI drawing !!