efforts to port non gui classes for QT 3.1 native port - was Re: Windows windows in taskbar

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 20 22:41:13 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 22:09, thiagoacorrea wrote:
> > linguist (still using cygwin for io, but native gui)
>
> Hi,
>
>   I can get you native IO, it's very easy to port the non-gui
> classes... Acctually I have ported almost all of them, maybe
> except for QProcess, which I have never had the need
> before. :)

Thats sound very nice. How do you like to contribute your code ? You can send
the patches to this list or if you are familiar with cvs usage you can get a
cvs write account to apply your patches by yourself.

Relating to this I had private email contact with someone, who has started to
port QSocket and had some success. I've suggested him to subscribe to this
list, so you may work together.

BTW: Porting QProcess is some more work. If anyone like to starts porting
this, let me know. I can assist in some manners, for example with a win32
pipe implementation called QPipe, which makes io redirection very easy.

Ralf