KDE programs in Windows start menu

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Tue Apr 20 17:17:33 CEST 2004

> I've tried Quanta and KBabel. I woke up Quanta Plus once, and it
> seemed to work fine.
> But, when I asked it to open a html file of my website on my
> disk, kdeinit asked to access internet through my firewall.
> I blocked it and quanta crashed. ~"~
> After the last time quanta has crashed it cannot be waked up in
> this shortcut........
> I am still trying...
> now it seems all the processes are unable to create.. :-(
The X server probably crashed - it's a bit tempromental in multiwindow
mode...
Try rm /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 from a Cygwin bash shell and you should be able to
launch stuff again.

If anyone knows of a better way to see if an X server is running than:
[ -a /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 ]
then I could use that instead.

Chris