KDE programs in Windows start menu

Alvyn Liang sacch.liang at msa.hinet.net
Tue Apr 20 15:14:09 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----

> This error is caused because some icons have shadows and so they are
> 17x17/33x33 instead of 16x16/32x32. I could update the script to use
> ImageMagick's convert program to resize the images to the correct size.
>
> Ditto. Convert to colour image.
>
> I think the & is causing problems here. My shell scripting is not up to
> much; I will have to check my quoting.
>
> Noone has said whether the shortcuts in the Start Menu actually work yet!

Yeah, the shortcuts are working... :-)
but only if I have executed `startx &` in cygwin
I wonder why would you make this if we can choose it from the kde desktop... @_@ no offense
probably It's a bit faster from the shortcuts of windows...?!
I tried it in some different cases, one in the minimal (no kde desktop).
The programs seems to open very slowly and when i type ps there appears to have many kdeinit and several dcopserver running.
The kwrite was working on the minimal case.
., another in only cygwin console, none was actually working, not even a process active...