KDE programs in Windows start menu

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Tue Apr 20 14:40:44 CEST 2004

> /opt/kde3/share/icons/crystalsvg/16x16/apps/ktouch.png: Width
> must be multiple of 8 and <256. Height must be <256.

This error is caused because some icons have shadows and so they are
17x17/33x33 instead of 16x16/32x32. I could update the script to use
ImageMagick's convert program to resize the images to the correct size.

> /opt/kde3/share/icons/crystalsvg/16x16/apps/kdvi.png: Grayscale
> image not supported
Ditto. Convert to colour image.

> mkshortcut: Saving "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Startup
> Menu\Programs\KDE\Settings\Accessibility\Country\Region &
> Language.lnk" fail
> ed; does the target directory exist?

I think the & is causing problems here. My shell scripting is not up to
much; I will have to check my quoting.

Noone has said whether the shortcuts in the Start Menu actually work yet!

Chris