Apps compile&run with Qt-Win32!! Screenshots too :)

IVAN DE JESUS DERAS TABORA ivan_deras at yahoo.es
Fri Oct 24 18:47:09 CEST 2003

 --- Juan Linietsky <coding at reduz.com.ar> escribió: >
I gave it a try compiling my own app, CheeseTracker
> under Qt/Win32.
> It is a pretty heavy app and uses a lot of
> custom-made widgets, as well as
> complex input event handling.

Good!!!

> Cheesetracker site is at: http://cheesetronic.sf.net
>
> Well, it worked FAR better than i had imagined,
> specially
> the event management, this seems to work flawlessly,
> here are some
> screenshots, if you want to put in the
> screen-section:

I'll put it in my section!!!

> http://reduz.com.ar/cheese_win1.jpg
> http://reduz.com.ar/cheese_win2.jpg
> http://reduz.com.ar/cheese_win3.jpg
>
> It actually works for the most part, but some issues
> are not working:
>
> -QActions dont seem to be working, F5/F6 and many
> other shortcuts are assigned
> as QActions, which dont work either if i press the
> proper keys, press the
> button in the toolbar, or select the same item from
> the popup menu. None
> works.
I'll check that!!!
Could you send me a sample to test this, if that isn't
so much annoyance!!!

> -When using a QPainter, the font sizes seem to be
> all wrong, (although
> reported well, so they are drawn fine) they show
> wrong
> in the qfontselect dialog too
This is a problem in QFontDatase, i hadn't review
that!!

> -The file manager is broken, doesnt display files

I have seen this in widgets samples, but for now i
have on clue!!!

> -pressing alt+anyletter causes windows to go "bing".

"bing"??? what do tou mean???

> -mdi viewport doesnt seem to recognize its childs
> nor can fit them properly
> when maximized.
>
> -Someting is wrong with one of the custom widgets,
> need to check that
>
> -Overal, the drawing speed is very slow (this is on
> a K6-2 400). Evenf if
> I reroute stderr to /dev/null

I think this is beacause we are running in DEBUG, even
when you redirect stderr to /dev/null, for a simple
repaint many info is written, so this cause that
drawing speed was slow!!

> I will check this out with more time tomorrow, but
> so far i'm extremely
> impressed!! Congratulations everyone for such an
> awesome job!!!
> I hope this can be of use.

Of course!!!!