Apps compile&run with Qt-Win32!! Screenshots too :)

Juan Linietsky coding at reduz.com.ar
Thu Oct 23 07:35:34 CEST 2003

I gave it a try compiling my own app, CheeseTracker under Qt/Win32.
It is a pretty heavy app and uses a lot of custom-made widgets, as well as
complex input event handling.

Cheesetracker site is at: http://cheesetronic.sf.net

Well, it worked FAR better than i had imagined, specially
the event management, this seems to work flawlessly, here are some
screenshots, if you want to put in the screen-section:

http://reduz.com.ar/cheese_win1.jpg
http://reduz.com.ar/cheese_win2.jpg
http://reduz.com.ar/cheese_win3.jpg

It actually works for the most part, but some issues are not working:

-QActions dont seem to be working, F5/F6 and many other shortcuts are assigned
as QActions, which dont work either if i press the proper keys, press the
button in the toolbar, or select the same item from the popup menu. None
works.

-When using a QPainter, the font sizes seem to be all wrong, (although
reported well, so they are drawn fine) they show wrong
in the qfontselect dialog too

-The file manager is broken, doesnt display files

-pressing alt+anyletter causes windows to go "bing".

-mdi viewport doesnt seem to recognize its childs nor can fit them properly
when maximized.

-Someting is wrong with one of the custom widgets, need to check that

-Overal, the drawing speed is very slow (this is on a K6-2 400). Evenf if
I reroute stderr to /dev/null

I will check this out with more time tomorrow, but so far i'm extremely
impressed!! Congratulations everyone for such an awesome job!!!
I hope this can be of use.

Juan Linietsky