AW: DCOPClient errors in WinXP

José Parrella joseparrella at cantv.net
Wed Oct 22 22:46:45 CEST 2003

Ralf Habacker wrote:

>Pleae check if you have write to your home directory and especially that the
>file $HOME/.ICEauthority has write access
>$ ls -al $HOME/..
>drwx------+   4 Habacker Kein            0 Oct  1 15:40 ./
>drwx------+  11 Habacker Kein            0 Oct 16 12:21 ../
>drwx------+  19 Habacker Kein            0 Oct 22 23:17 Habacker/
>drwx------+   4 Habacker Kein            0 Oct  1 15:39 system/
>
>$ ls -al $HOME/.ICEauthority
>-rw-------    1 Habacker Kein         1950 Oct 22 23:10
>/home/Habacker/.ICEauthority
>
>Please report if this helps, because this is a problem which is reported
>from time to time and we like to know if this helps.

I'm able to start KDE in minimal mode, but I keep with the error in the
full mode. In bash, I chmod the directory but files keep their
permissions. I even chmod'ed 777 everything but they keep with their old
permissions. I have write permission as owner, nevertheless. Using
Konqueror on KDE minimal I tried to change permissions on files and
directories and they don't change. Files keep their old permissions.

Greetings and thanks

PD: KDE on Cygwin is definitely not working on my normal account named
"José Miguel" probably because the e-acute. I get errors on both minimal
and full modes about files that doesn't exist and so on.

Br. (Cs.) José M. Parrella
Estudiante Ingeniería - UCV
www.lapaginadejose.itgo.com
Usuario Linux #303693