AW: DCOPClient errors in WinXP

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Thu Oct 23 00:39:38 CEST 2003

Hi,
> **Greetings, list
>
> I'm installing KDE 3.1a on Cygwin under Windows XP Professional.
<snip>
> DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected,
> reason: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and
> host-based authentication failed.
>
> What can I do in order to get my KDE 3.1a running on Cygwin? Is this a
> fatal error?

Pleae check if you have write to your home directory and especially that the
file $HOME/.ICEauthority has write access
$ ls -al $HOME/..
drwx------+   4 Habacker Kein            0 Oct  1 15:40 ./
drwx------+  11 Habacker Kein            0 Oct 16 12:21 ../
drwx------+  19 Habacker Kein            0 Oct 22 23:17 Habacker/
drwx------+   4 Habacker Kein            0 Oct  1 15:39 system/

$ ls -al $HOME/.ICEauthority
-rw-------    1 Habacker Kein         1950 Oct 22 23:10
/home/Habacker/.ICEauthority

Please report if this helps, because this is a problem which is reported
from time to time and we like to know if this helps.