AW: update to qt3.2-win32

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Tue Oct 14 04:15:41 CEST 2003

Hi all,

> Please note that the update isn't complete know, because there
> are problably many merging conflicts. For those who are
> interested how this merge happens, see below what I have done and
> what is outstanding.
>
> 1. last week I have added the qt3.2.1/x11 release to the cvs
> (BRANCH QT_IMPORT, Tag qt_3_2_1).
> 2. tagged the currently HEAD of the QT3_WIN32_3_BRANCH with
> QT_WIN32_3_1_0_ALPHA_1
> 3. created a new branch QT3_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH
> 4. changed to this branch
> 5. merged in the changes happens between qt release 3.2.1 and
> 3.1.0 rc1, which was the base of the current qt3_win32 port.
> 6. fixed merging conflicts (not finished)

There is a error in the tag names above. It must be QT_WIN32_xxx and not
QT3_WIN32_xxx, the corrected version is below:

1. last week I have added the qt3.2.1/x11 release to the cvs  (BRANCH
QT_IMPORT, Tag qt_3_2_1).
2. tagged the currently HEAD of the QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH with
QT_WIN32_3_1_0_ALPHA_1
3. created a new branch QT_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH
4. changed to this branch
5. merged in the changes happens between qt release 3.2.1 and 3.1.0 rc1,
which was the base of the current qt3_win32 port.
6. fixed merging conflicts (not finished)

> I will report, when the mergins is complete.
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I should note that this does NOT mean that the new branch will be compilable
or is runable.
It only means, that there are no more cvs conflicts, which prevents from
check in the sources into the newly created branch.
After that the developers are requested, to check if there are some internal
api changes or segfaults and so one.

For this reason it is better to apply pending patches to the current used
branch and take them over when the qt3.2 cvs branch is ready. This could be
simply done by

1. change to the new branch dir
2. cvs update -j QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH -j QT_WIN32_3_1_0_ALPHA_1
3. fix possible conflicts
4. check in new changes

Cheers