update to qt3.2-win32

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Tue Oct 14 04:00:19 CEST 2003

Hi all,

currently I'm preparing the cvs update to qt 3.2 for the qt3-win32 cvs dir.
I've decided to update now and not wait for the qt3.2.2 release because the
release difference after the second dot are minor and coule be update very
simple.

The update process is very transparent and does NOT affect the currently
uses cvs branche QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH, because it uses a separate branch named
QT3_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH. If anyone like to switch over and already checkout
tree to 3.2.x enter

$ cd qt3-win32 					(or whatever your checked win32 related qt3 dir is)
$ cvs -z7 update -r QT3_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH

or if you like to checkout a new directory tree

$ cd <KDE-CYGWIN-CVS-ROOT>
$ cvs -d :ext:<username>@cvs.kde-cygwin.sf.net:/home/kde-cygwin -z7 co -r
QT3_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH -d qt3_2_win32 qt-3

Please note that the update isn't complete know, because there are problably
many merging conflicts. For those who are interested how this merge happens,
see below what I have done and what is outstanding.

1. last week I have added the qt3.2.1/x11 release to the cvs (BRANCH
QT_IMPORT, Tag qt_3_2_1).
2. tagged the currently HEAD of the QT3_WIN32_3_BRANCH with
QT_WIN32_3_1_0_ALPHA_1
3. created a new branch QT3_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH
4. changed to this branch
5. merged in the changes happens between qt release 3.2.1 and 3.1.0 rc1,
which was the base of the current qt3_win32 port.
6. fixed merging conflicts (not finished)

I will report, when the mergins is complete.

Cheers