making kde-cygwin faster?

Hugo Bouckaert kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:57:17 +0800

Hi

I have recently installed KDE 2 with the latest distribution of cygwin
and it installs fine. Although I  have a 1.7 Ghz computer with 256 RAM,
the trouble is that KDE-cygwin runs extremely slow, and makes my Windows
XP slow also. I have already set the GUIs etc in KDE to the minimum
using the Desktop Setup Wizard, but it's really too slow to be usable.
This is a shame as the desktop environment is very nice.

Is there any way to make KDE-cygwin run faster?

Thanks

Hugo

--
Dr Hugo Bouckaert
Systems and Programming Engineer

GeoInformatics Exploration Australia P/L
57 Havelock St
West Perth, WA 6005
PO Box 1675, West Perth 6872

Ph:       61 08 9420 7400
Fax:      61 08 9226 1299

www.geoinformex.com

This email and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.