XshmAttach message even after installing kde-x as FAQ states

Derrick Johnson kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:20:42 -0800 (PST)

--0-36386799-1047568842=:60376

I downloaded and installed via cygwin setup, the KDE 2.2.2 b1 package and all necessary material as per the requirements doc.  I got the XshmAttach message, went to the FAQ, & saw what to do.  I went back to the cygwin setup and saw that kde-x 1.3 was installed already.  So I downloaded it separately from sourceforge, upzipped it off the / directory and I still get the message.

Any ideas?