uic error compiling kde app

Andy Goossens andygoossens at pandora.be
Thu Jun 26 01:41:15 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 22:58, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> I've tried to identify the reasons and have seens that there seems some
> internal uic tweaks (it should only compare the first two digits of the
> version string), which does result into this problem, because I have a
> kdewidget.dll version 3.1.2 which does not show me the reported problems.
>
> The kdewidget api is stable beetween 3.1.0 and 3.1.2, so a workaround is to
> patch your kdewidget.dll version string into 3.1.0.

Thank you, UIC works flawless :-)

But now, I have another problem. During the linking fase of a compilation, I
get some errors...
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkhtml.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkdeprint.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkparts.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkutils.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkio.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkdesu.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkdeui.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkdecore.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libkdefx.dll.a: No such file or directory
g++: /opt/kde3/lib/libDCOP.dll.a: No such file or directory

When I take a look in my /opt/kde3/lib directory, I see no files ending with
.dll.a But there is one exception: libaudiofile.dll.a (Don't ask me why ;-))

Are those files also missing from the packages?

--
// Andy Goossens

// Quote of the moment:
Pauca sed matura.