uic error compiling kde app

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Wed Jun 25 23:58:03 CEST 2003

Hi Andy,

> > Whic uic version are you using ? The error let me assume that you have also
> > installed a qt3.0.4 release or similar.
>
> I don't have Qt 3.0.x installed. The only Qt version I have, is
> distributed in
> the KDE 3.1.1 Beta package. (and installed in /opt/kde3)

okay.

<snip>

> I assume you build the KDE 3.1.1 Beta with Qt 3.1.0, but distributed
> kdewidgets.dll that was build with Qt 3.1.2. That seems to cause this
> conflict...

I've tried to identify the reasons and have seens that there seems some internal
uic tweaks (it should only compare the first two digits of the version string),
which does result into this problem, because I have a kdewidget.dll version
3.1.2 which does not show me the reported problems.

The kdewidget api is stable beetween 3.1.0 and 3.1.2, so a workaround is to
patch your kdewidget.dll version string into 3.1.0.

Complete Workaround for other readers.

1. Open kdewidgets.dll with a hex-editor
2. Search for the string "version=3.1.2"
3. Change the string into "version=3.1.0"
4. Save the file

The next update will contain a fix for this.

Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers