QT3 Win32 compiling problems

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Mon Jul 21 08:55:28 CEST 2003

> > Hi there,
> > I downloaded the QT3 Win32 sources and tried to compile them. when I run
> > $. .config.cygwin
> > nothing happens and in my WinXP(prof) TaskManager I can see, that qmake
> uses 90-
> > 98 % of my Computer resources. Then I waited for half an hour, but
> nothing, except my
> > CPU (AMD Athlon 1200) gets hot. So, whats wrong with it?
> > Thanks for help,
> > Jan

try calling configure in the following way:

sh -x ./configure -platform
cygwin-g++-2 -fast -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -system-zlib -qt-gif -syst
em-libpng -system-libjpeg -qt-libmng -no-g++-exceptions -no-xft -no-xkb -disable
-opengl

and look where it hangs.

One question: Do you have installed the binutils-patch from
http://cygwin.kde.org/snapshots ?