Qt3 win32

Richard Lärkäng nouseforaname at home.se
Tue Jul 8 01:30:55 CEST 2003

Hi!

I began porting qt2-win32 to qt3 last week,
and now I'd like to put it in CVS, so
I have a few questions.

What is the correct way to commit a branch?
(just so I don't mess up the cvs tree)

Does anyone know how the makefile handling
is supposed to work?, atm I just replaced
the names of the _unix.cpp and _x11.cpp
files in the unix:SOURCES. How do I get it
to pick win:SOURCES instead?

The way I did the port was to first just copy
the files from qt2 and create dummy functions
for what was missing.
After that I have made some work on changing
the behavior to better match the qt3 ones.
(It looked a bit to hard to use patches instead,
as some files has hanged quite a bit)

Some things are working as good as it did on
qt2 others don't work at all. I'll give a
status update when things are a bit more
stable. Oh, and I guess it has to be mentioned
that the code is only interesting for people
who wants to work on it themselves, this
isn't near something usable for programming yet.

Maybe for now we can just put a note on the
website that the work on porting it to qt-3
has started, and I can try to get something
new in a few weeks.

Richard Lärkäng