Compiling Qt 3.1.1

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:25:33 +0100

> For the hell of it I'm trying to compile Qt 3.1.1 from trolltech's
> sources and got to a point where I am having trouble linking libqjpeg.dll.

Are you compiling under cygwin and are you trying to build a cygwin targeted
release ?

You can't compile trolltech's source under cygwin, you need the source from the
kde-cygwin cvs area. We have send some patches to trolltech, but they are not
applied until now.

> I note this quote in the faqs
>
> "here are some patches caused by the auto-import concept (basically this
> is a problem of the windows runtime concept), which prohibits
> referencing to global vars in dll's with an offset != 0. These patches
> has to be applied to all further kde/qt releases (if compiled with g++)
> and they are possibly candidates for applying to the kde tree."
>
> Do you have any more info?
There is a process in work for providing such functionality in cygwin. See the
cygwin list under www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin with the topic: runtime pseudo reloc

> I noticed that you have a binutils patch.  Do you still need that or has
> that patch been incorporated into binutils.

The patch you are refering is already incorporated into bintutils.
For qt 3.1.1 you still need a patched binutils (until the next cygwin binutils,
which will have this needed feature). There is a long thread starting at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-11/msg00617.html

> Just about the only thing I did was implement getlogin_r in cygwin.

In the cygwin dll. I haven't found this function in recent cvs release of the
cygwin1.dll

> By the way.  Heres my problem.
>
> g++ -c -pipe -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG
> -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED
> -I/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/mkspecs/cygwin-g++ -I.
> -I../../../../include -I.moc/release-shared-mt/ -o
> .obj/release-shared-mt/main.o main.cpp
> main.cpp: In member function `virtual bool JPEGFormat::loadImage(const
>     QString&, const QString&, QImage*)':
> main.cpp:45: warning: unused parameter `const QString&format'
> main.cpp:45: warning: unused parameter `const QString&filename'
> #endif // QT_NO_IMAGEFORMATPLUGIN

I can't see quickly where the problem is with this stuff, but as I said, the
recent trolltech releases could'nt be compiled under cygwin.

Use the kde-cygwin cvs area or wait for the next qt release, which will be
qt-3.1.1.

Regards
Ralf