native qt branch build problem

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:44:44 +0100

qt uses some macros.

Q_WS_... for the gui type and Q_OS_... for the os type.

Currently we are porting the gui, not the os, for which we are still using
cygwin, so defining Q_OS_WIN32 will result in choosing the wrong os relating
functions.

The above mentioned patches fixes this problems in such a case, that

Q_WS_WIN (and _WS_WIN_ which is an older deprecated definition) has been used
for the ported gui stuff.
Q_OS_CYGWIN has to be used for os relating stuff until we are coming to the
mingw port.

These setting are RECOMMENDED for this porting stage. I've compiled this from
the qt root dir without any problems.

Some additional notes:

1. src/tools/qglobal.h: You'r reverting breaks compiling designer, becaus it
tries to use the win32 definitions of process management.

2. src/kernel/qprinter_unix.cpp: The unix file will work also under win32, so
including the _unix.cpp file avoids the rewriting the whole stuff.

3. The cvs commit messages should describe the things, what has be done with
this file not the status of the project: :-)
   see qglobal.h for example:

revision 1.4.2.2
date: 2003/01/30 12:49:09;  author: habacker;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -2
some minor compiling fixes
----------------------------

and not

revision 1.4.2.3
date: 2003/02/04 20:52:31;  author: holgi-sf;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
today i got the mouse events working.
moveevents, buttonpress and release events as well as wheel
events are working now.
test it with tutorial/t1
start the program and press any key, move the mouse around
in the window, or press any mouse key.
in the blue box the entered character is diaplayed.
in the yellow box the modifier keys which are set on a
mousemove are displayed, s for shift and so on.
in the green box the received event is displayed, for
example mousepress, wheel, doubleclick.
when moving the mouse, one point is drawn for every received
mousemove event. the point is black, when no modifier is pressed,
and the point has another color for the different modifiers.

Please consider someone who will read this 6 month later, would he understand,
why this release of the file is checked in ?

Regards

Ralf