native qt branch build problem

Holger Schroeder kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 02:56:09 +0100

okay, i see your build system seems to be up-to-date :-)

my programming style is some kind of learning-by-doing, and so
ralf found some places, where things could be done in a cleaner way.
this seems to be not finished yet.

to be able to compile it, you have to revert the last changes to
src/tools/qglobal.h
from 1.4.2.2 back to 1.4.2.1 and src/kernel/qprinter_win32.cpp should be
an empty file.

okay, compiling finished, it works for me with these changes.

goto the qt-2 dir, then do
. envqt
. configure.cygwin
type yes
make sub-src
cd tutorial/t2
make
./t2.exe

and you should be able to type in the qlineedit. write text, use the
cursor keys, ctrl-a,
ctlr-e, backspace and so on.
i tested most of my changes by putting some test stuff into
tutorial/t1/main.cpp, look at that
for more interesting stuff.
when working on this i left most old x-related stuff in the files, i
only commented it out,
so we keep the working reference near our new win32 stuff and have a
better overview.
for the next some months i would like to keep it like this.

for the big picture: i was first working on opening windows on windows,
then i was implementing
the mostly used qpainter functions, such as drawline, drawrect, drawtext
and so on, and now i am
working on getting the messaging system to work.
i left out the more complicated drawing functions such as drawchord,
-pie, -arc and bezier stuff.
i also couldnīt figure out why only the main widget in an application is
displayed, and the childwidgets
of that widget are not.
next i will work on the other events, mouse-, enter-, leaveevents and so
on...

hope this helps, Holger