Work on KDE/QT native port to MS Windows started.

Chris January kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:06:19 -0000

> Hi,
>
> i started this native port, so i feel free to answer to this question :-)
>
> if you are interested into it, it would be good, if you will look into
> the file qpixmap_win32.cpp in the src/kernel subdir.
> there the functions to convert image files on disk to pixels on screen
> are still missing...
>
> you can read the sources to see what is missing, it is mainly fiddling
> around with bits and bytes in "on-screen"-format and
> "file-on-disk" format.
>
> you can look into the tutorial/t1 to (i think) t3 to see what is already
> working with regard to pixmaps. i can create pixmaps in a color depth
> which is the same as the screen color depth and draw on them. this is
> mainly "double buffering" to reduce flicker.
>
> your part could be to implement the convertToImage and convertFromImage
> functions. so we could display pixmaps on screen.
>
> if you have any questions with regard to the sourcecode in this branch,
> feel free to ask me.

I've just finished work on porting rdesktop (the RDP client) to Windows and
have had great fun playing with DDBs and DIBs. So anyway I'll try to give
this a go tommorow, although the latest Cygwin DLL release is completely
broken at college.

Chris