Work on KDE/QT native port to MS Windows started.

Holger Schroeder kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:15:52 +0100

Hi,

i started this native port, so i feel free to answer to this question :-)

if you are interested into it, it would be good, if you will look into
the file qpixmap_win32.cpp in the src/kernel subdir.
there the functions to convert image files on disk to pixels on screen
are still missing...

you can read the sources to see what is missing, it is mainly fiddling
around with bits and bytes in "on-screen"-format and "file-on-disk" format.

you can look into the tutorial/t1 to (i think) t3 to see what is already
working with regard to pixmaps. i can create pixmaps in a color depth
which is the same as the screen color depth and draw on them. this is
mainly "double buffering" to reduce flicker.

your part could be to implement the convertToImage and convertFromImage
functions. so we could display pixmaps on screen.

if you have any questions with regard to the sourcecode in this branch,
feel free to ask me.

Holger