Kde 3.1.1 Beta

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Fri Apr 25 14:23:35 CEST 2003

> When I start KDE however, it says it cannot find /opt/kde/%USERPROFILE%
> even after restarting explorer.exe and logging out. I also had to
> install libpng which is neither part of cygwin-base or mentioned in the
> dependencies. My USERPROFILE points to "c:\documents and settings\Jon".

1. KDE applications does *NOT* support spaces in pathes. May be you can try the
short form to avoid this. Under w2k dir /x shows the short names.

2. Which os are you using ? I have heard that Win ME works different in this
case.

3. Add a line with a single 'set' command to startkde.bat before the dcopserver
will started. Then you can see all environment variables. This may help.

> Also the cygwin1.dll clashes with my OpenSSH server, (I renamed that
> dll) can you think of any way to resolve that? They both have the same
> filename, but complain of different versions when run with the other
> programs dll.
May be the openSSH server runs with the main cygwin1.dll  or there is an update
of the OpenSSH server ?

>Do you plan to create a full installer which includes the
> minimal Cygwin install also? As this would make setup a lot easier.

I have thought about this already, but this may cause additional cygwin1.dll
clashes, which has to be solved.
Maybe this will happen in one of the next releases. Thanks for this hint.