KDE2 under cygwin having problems starting the X server

Drag0nWyk jimbear at infonline.net
Sun Apr 6 05:37:24 CEST 2003

Hello

First I would like to say that i have consulted the mail listings and
have found someone else with the exact same problem as me, at least
thats what I can tell from what he has told me.

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-cygwin/2002-December/000385.html

This link shows you the response from your team. I also am running
Windows 2000 Professional, and all my packages are up to date. My
problem is that in your team's response to 'properly install
XFree86-bin' doesnt apply to me, because I have every available XFree86
Package installed, and i have done all the post install operations to
assure that KDE2 should run.

I can get X to run the default window manager that spawns 3 ternimals
and a clock, but i dont understand why KDE wont start up upon the startx
command, i just get

Administartor at blah
$ startx

giving up
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

Something is keeping the X server from starting, and I can't figure out
what it could be, since window manager will run (i believe thats the
default X manager)

http://blh193.rh.psu.edu/~Drag0nWyk/X.jpg

The above link is a picture of my X server running upon main install, so
i know i have all needed libraries for an X server. But KDE2 just wont
start.

I appricaite your time for looking at my issue, and appriciate any help
you can provide me with.

Thanks,
   Drag0nWyk