dcopserver startup error on XP (already read the FAQ)

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:44:23 +0200

>     Hello, I am using the latest versions of KDE-cygwin and Cygwin, I
> freshly installed all of this two days ago to see if I could get it
> working with a fresh installation.  I have looked over the mailing list,
> and followed the FAQ (set the registry key).  DCOP still fails, after
> following all advice.  I am on Windows XP Home, and I've followed all
> directions up to the point where KDE should be running.  I noticed on
> the Cygwin-KDE site it mentioned that the registry tweak was only known
> to work on NT4, is there another solution I must follow for XP? By the
> way, my home directory is set to /home/James (Looking over the archives
> another user on XP had a home directory problem, but mine seems to be
> set up correctly).

What do you think, how we could help you, if you only write, that dcop fails and
nothing more.
In this case I would say, create a dcop debug version and debug it.

We need the dcop messages. Please send it for example as attachment.

Regards
Ralf