dcopserver startup error on XP (already read the FAQ)

James Turk kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:34:29 -0400

    Hello, I am using the latest versions of KDE-cygwin and Cygwin, I
freshly installed all of this two days ago to see if I could get it
working with a fresh installation.  I have looked over the mailing list,
and followed the FAQ (set the registry key).  DCOP still fails, after
following all advice.  I am on Windows XP Home, and I've followed all
directions up to the point where KDE should be running.  I noticed on
the Cygwin-KDE site it mentioned that the registry tweak was only known
to work on NT4, is there another solution I must follow for XP? By the
way, my home directory is set to /home/James (Looking over the archives
another user on XP had a home directory problem, but mine seems to be
set up correctly).

       -James