Win2k/KDE/XFree86: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)

Gerald S. Williams kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:01:12 -0400

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> What about only a corrupted file ? You had download errors after all.

Not when I downloaded it by hand. I should have mentioned
that I tried downloading it again with the same results.
Besides, the untar should have failed if the tar file was
corrupt.

I debated mentioning the setup issue, since I've seen it
before and am pretty sure it's at least partly due to
versioning issues with setup.exe and the setup.ini files.
When I try to continue, I get "can't open (null)" error
dialogs. In the past, I've been able to eliminate these
by deleting my local package repository.

But I'd rather not try to debug too many problems at
once, so I just switched to the manual installation.

Note that I've narrowed it down to that TAR file, but
it is possible that something it depends on is what's
actually broken. Any suggestions about where I might
look?

-Jerry