Still got problems compiling, cvs merge got wacky?

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 01:41:52 +0100

> On Friday 15 November 2002 05:54 pm, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > Now I'm relativ sure, that the cygwin cvs client is broken or there are
> > problems with the cygwin1.dll.
> > The cvs client from the sourceforge shell server works well.
> >
> > Do you have any possibilites to grap the newest cvs source and to give it a
> > try ?
>
> I took Redhat 8.0's patch cvs source and it compiled on cygwin without a
> problem.

The cygwin cvs port is patched  (see /usr/doc/Cygwin/cvs-1.11.0.README) so I'm
not sure, if this is enough.

> Should I put the .tar.bz2 up something for people to download?

If this works true, then this seems to be a good idea. If you don't have
webspace, we can use the snapshot directory of the kde-cygwin website. If you
like this you can create a user account on sourceforge, which I will add then to
the kde-cygwin project.
Additional or as another way it seems to be good to inform the maintainer about
this issues, which is
currently Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu. Bugs to the cygwin port of cvs
should go into the cygwin mailing list.

> $ cvs --version
>
> Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.2 (client/server)
>
> It still does NOT fix the conflict problem, which I think is a
> case-senstivity
> issues:
>
> C qt-3/doc/man/man3/qtextencoder.3qt
> cvs checkout: move away qt-3/doc/man/man3/qtextistream.3qt; it is in the way
> C qt-3/doc/man/man3/qtextistream.3qt
> cvs checkout: move away qt-3/doc/man/man3/qtextostream.3qt; it is in the way

You're right: qt 3.0.4 uses upper and lower case names and qt 3.1.0 uses only
upper case names
Any idea how to deal with this ?

Ralf