help: problems with starting kde2 on cygwin

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 03:33:36 +0100

> Couldn't we update kde init scripts in the packages to get rid of
> this boring error ??
>
> > waiting for X server to begin accepting connections .
> > [: ==: unknown operand

The recent cvs version already contain this patch and additional uses kwin
instead of ksmserver because session management does not work yet.

It is waiting for someone, who will make the first patch
(kdebase-2.2.2-b1.tar.bz2) containing the file /opt/kde2/bin/startkde.

If you like, you can prepare this patch, so that this can be uploaded to the
download area.

Regards
 Ralf