Qt 3.1.0

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:03:01 +0100

> No, it isn't. The linking problems remain.
> I can only link the CVS Qt-kde version when removing "-ldl".
> However, now I CAN run for example designer.exe.

Sorry, it needs some time for me to get into this stuff again. You have to
create a symbolic link

$ ls /usr/lib/libdl* -l
lrwxrwxrwx    1 habacker Jeder         135 Oct  2 06:49 /usr/lib/libdl.a ->
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a

> Qt 3.1.0 b2 also does only link with removed "-ldl".
> But that's not the whole solution. There must missing be some additional
> thing, since not all symbols are exported. So you can't link executables to
> the resulting DLL.

Because I haven't a qt 3.1.0 source it need some time to look into.
I haven't compiled the original qt 3.1.0, but it seems they haven't applied all
patches which are necessary to get it running on cygwin.

My hint goes in this direction, that you have to look into the sources and see
which patch from the kde-cygwin area has to be applied and which not. This isn't
an easy task. It needs deep knowledge of the qt library internals.

> Sorry for polluting this mailing list.

Don't care, but be aware that this isn't a 5 minute job.

> I think we can wait for Trolltech finishing their porting effort,
> since they seem to be on the right way.

I don't think, that trolltech will invest much efforts in the cygwin port and
someone of the kde-cygwin team has to do this.

If you are willing to investigate some more time, we will assist you.

Regards
Ralf