Qt 3.1.0

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:23:18 +0100

> > qt 3.0.4 is alread ported to cygwin and the easiest way I can see seems to
> > be like the following:
> >
> > 1. check out the recent qt-3 source from the kde-cygwin cvs area.
> > 2. Create a diff file between the original 3.1.0 and 3.0.4 sources and
> > apply this diff on top of the checked out sources. (Note: The original
> > 3.0.4 sources are already in the kde-cygwin cvs area)
>
> I get a really big diff file of 35 MB.

That means, qt 3.1 contains many changes

> May be it's easier to diff between originbal 3.0.4 and kde version?
> This one is "only" aproximately 1 MB in size.

Perhaps you can apply this diff file to your 3.1.0 sources

> But I've got a few problems with the CVS content:
> - When trying to compile qmake, uic, ... the compiler complaints, it
> could not
> find certain include files. Hower, they exist, but the include path is not
> set to their directories.
> Do you get the same errors?

Do you have configured with config.cygwin ? Please use it

cd <some_path>/qt-3
export QTDIR=$PWD
./config.cygwin
make

> - When updating I everytime see errors for the files in directory
> 	doc/man/man3/. CVS says: "move file ... away". Is this problem on mine or on
> your side?

I have recognized this too, I assume this is a problem with the cvs release on
the server, you can ignore this.