cygwin filenamecase problems was (RE: qt 3.1 port planing)

Chris January kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:03:24 -0000

> On Saturday 14 December 2002 06:21 am, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> >  > BTW: You have reported the man problem, currrently I'm working on a
> >  >

> > > The man problem? I'm not sure what you mean.
> >
> > The upper/lower filename case problems of the files in doc/man/man3, you
> > have reported, where you have said, that qt.3qt and Qt.3qt are the same
> > files. (cvs update says: ....move away, it is in the way)
> >
> > As far as I can see the problem is, that this is a cygwin problem.
> > Perhaps because Chris January is more familiar with the cygwin internals
> > (he has written the cygwin /proc interface), he can say more about this.

Add the FILE_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS to CreateFile calls in the Cygwin DLL
source to make Cygwin completely case sensitive. It breaks Windows a bit
though as they can get confused.

Chris