cygwin filenamecase problems was (RE: qt 3.1 port planing)

Bob Tanner kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:15:41 -0600

On Saturday 14 December 2002 06:21 am, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>  > BTW: You have reported the man problem, currrently I'm working on a
>  >
> > > workaroung for this.
> >
> > The man problem? I'm not sure what you mean.
>
> The upper/lower filename case problems of the files in doc/man/man3, yo=
> have reported, where you have said, that qt.3qt and Qt.3qt are the same
> files. (cvs update says: ....move away, it is in the way)
>
> As far as I can see the problem is, that this is a cygwin problem.
> Perhaps because Chris January is more familiar with the cygwin internal=
> (he has written the cygwin /proc interface), he can say more about this=
=2E

I got "around" this problem by checking things in using linux's cvs. I ha=
ve=20
all the code on a linux box using samba to mount the data onto my cygwin =
box.

--=20
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500
http://www.linuxjustworks.com             | Linux Just Works!        =20
Key fingerprint =3D AB15 0BDF BCDE 4369 5B42  1973 7CF1 A709 2CC1 B288