QT 3.0

Chris January kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:13:59 +0100

I've managed to successfully build a QT 3 DLL, however there is one major
problem with building QT 3 with Cygwin that has to be overcome and I was
wondering what peoples' thoughts were on the subject:
Basically with QT 3 there has been a move from the previous configuration
scripts to qmake. This causes some problems with Cygwin because Cygwin
requires a special set of steps to be taken in order to produce shared
libraries and these aren't supported by qmake. The DLL links using the qmake
generated Makefile, but is useless since it doesn't have a .DLL suffix. I
have produced my own script which creates a qt-mt-3-0.dll but this is only a
temporary fix. So what I'm asking is if anyone has any ideas on how to solve
this problem.

Regards
Chris