Website

Chris January kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 01:10:17 +0100

I've just spent several hours tidying up the FAQ page. I don't know which
editor you are using for the website, Ralf, but it seems to be chewing up
HTML and spitting out crap, IMHO. There were lots of tags where they
shouldn't be, etc. Part of that is also due to me getting the syntax of the
<a> anchor tags wrong the first time around. Anyway, I've tidied stuff up,
repaired the broken tags, etc. I've also rewritten a few answers to make
them clearer - I hope you don't mind. You can pull the old ones from CVS if
you want.
I've simplified the left.php, header.php and footer.php files considerably
and moved all the formatting into a global style sheet. The layout is still
the same, but the HTML is a lot cleaner.
If the editor you are using keeps mangling the files, it might be worth
editing a temporary copy of the file and then cut and pasting only the parts
you have changed into the original. I don't want to dictate how you work,
but on the other hand I don't want to spend the time cleaning up the mess
again.... :-)
Lastly, with regards to the question numbers, I've removed any gaps in the
numbering and made the order more logical (as it was originally).

Regards
Chris