Request to relicense all CC0-1.0 code to MIT (or similar permissive license)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 22 17:01:35 GMT 2023

El diumenge, 22 de gener de 2023, a les 14:12:32 (CET), Neal Gompa va
escriure:
> Hey folks,
>
> During a review for flatpak-kcm for inclusion in Fedora, I discovered
> that KDE currently licenses its CI scripts under the CC0 (SPDX:
> CC0-1.0) license.

You mean .gitlab-ci.yml files ?

Just scrub those from the tarball if those are causing you problems since
those are in no way needed for the build.

If scrubing them from the released tarballs is a problem for some reason you
could even try to propose changes to our packaging scripts that remove those
from the release tarballs, if they are not super intrusive i guess that they
could be accepted by the release folk.

Honestly, this seems more a Fedora problem than a KDE problem.

Cheers,
  Albert