Plasma Welcome Center on KDEReview

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 02:01:14 BST 2022

Requested with https://phabricator.kde.org/T15840

> - The version number in KAboutData says "1.0", this should follow the
> Plasma version

Fixed.

> - There's no Qt6 build yet, please look into that

Done.

> - Some distributions have their own welcome apps, please coordinate with
> them so that we don't end up greeting the user with two welcome apps

That's a good idea. Will do.

> - The appstream id ends with .desktop, which I understand is deprecated

Fixed.

> - appstreamcli validate --pedantic org.kde.plasma-welcome.appdata.xml
> has some warnings:
>
> P: org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop:12: screenshot-no-caption
> P: org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop:~: releases-info-missing
> I: org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop:3: cid-contains-hyphen
> org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop
> P: org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop:15: screenshot-no-caption

I don't think these are real issues. There are no releases yet, the
screenshots not having captions is intentional (their content seems
totally obvious to me), and the ID having a hyphen seems like it's not
actually a problem.

> - There's a stray .directory file in src/

Fixed.

> - Please add the ECM clang-format target and commit hook

https://invent.kde.org/plasma/welcome-app/-/merge_requests/11

Nate