Plasma Welcome Center on KDEReview

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Sun Sep 18 18:44:44 BST 2022

Am 16.09.22 um 17:59 schrieb Nate Graham:
> Hello folks!
>
> I've been working with Aleix on an onboarding wizard for Plasma, based
> on work originally started by Felipe Kinoshita last year.
>
> You can see some screenshots at
> https://invent.kde.org/websites/product-screenshots/-/commit/e300be66e62263c63d8a85ba391bbcc1de691148.
>
> I'd like to target Plasma 5.27 for release and am submitting it for
> KDEReview. The repo is at https://invent.kde.org/plasma/welcome-app.

Hi,

- I'd suggest to rename the repository to plasma-welcome to be
consistent with the internal name and also other Plasma repos

- The version number in KAboutData says "1.0", this should follow the
Plasma version

- There's no Qt6 build yet, please look into that

- Some distributions have their own welcome apps, please coordinate with
them so that we don't end up greeting the user with two welcome apps

- The appstream id ends with .desktop, which I understand is deprecated

- appstreamcli validate --pedantic org.kde.plasma-welcome.appdata.xml
has some warnings:

P: org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop:12: screenshot-no-caption
P: org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop:~: releases-info-missing
I: org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop:3: cid-contains-hyphen
org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop
P: org.kde.plasma-welcome.desktop:15: screenshot-no-caption

- There's a stray .directory file in src/

- Please add the ECM clang-format target and commit hook