Plasma Welcome Center on KDEReview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 09:16:35 BST 2022

El divendres, 16 de setembre de 2022, a les 23:40:08 (CEST), Nate Graham va
escriure:
> On 9/16/22 15:31, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Those screenshots show me the Wayland icon, please fix.
>
> Sure, how do I fix that exactly?
>
> > I see the app has a Messages.sh but I remain unconvinced that the
> > generated
> > welcomecenter.po generated file is used.
>
> Is there something that needs to be changed here? I'm not very familiar
> with how localization is set up, so any tips would be helpful.

Please refer to our discussion yesterday on IRC.

Understanding that this is a standalone app and none of its contents are
reused to be shown in other apps a
  KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain("welcomecenter");
call in its main.cpp will do.

Sidenote, given the name of the app is plasma-welcome i'd really suggest
changing the catalog name to plasma-welcome too instead of welcomecenter.

https://i.imgur.com/P6kiwWD.png

> Some shots in the dark?
> - Are there any relevant-looking errors printed to the console if you
> run it in a terminal window?

It's a kirigami app, sadly this means it has too many warnings
https://pst.klgrth.io/paste/ydbmz

> - Do you have the qqc2-desktop-style framework installed?

Yes, version 5.98.0

> - Do you have qt5ct installed?

No, i don't

Cheers,