ghostwriter is ready for your review

Megan megan.conkle at kdemail.net
Tue Oct 18 08:47:38 BST 2022

> Using Qt for translations is fine acceptable.
>
> Doing a "major" rewrite after review kind of invalidates the review, and
> that's why I say that if you're going to rewrite it we should do the review
> later.
Oh, I see.  I was under the impression that I had to eventually use
ki18n.  As long as I don't have to switch to ki18n later, then I suppose
I'll just stay with Qt Linguist, so long as you are okay with it.

> VERY unlikely that you found a valgrind bug.
>
> https://invent.kde.org/office/ghostwriter/-/merge_requests/8
Thank you for that!  I wasn't sure how to fix it.  Please forgive my
inexperience with reading valgrind reports.  :)

> P.S: The amount of this-> in the code is very much non customary in C++ code.
> Not wrong but feels itchy :D

Yeah, I know, but I found that sticking "m_" in front of every class
member feels itchy to me.  :D
Though I suppose it would be better not to use this-> in front of method
calls in the future.  :)

One last thing, I believe the issue with the Catalan incorrectly showing
the Valencia variant on your system should be fixed now.  I also updated
the code to look at the $LANGUAGE environment variable to ensure
Valencia and other language variants are detected if they are listed first.

Thanks again!

--
Megan Conkle
ghostwriter developer