New repo in kdereview: KWeather

Devin espidev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 03:21:28 GMT 2022

> The main page has no scrollbars, so it's not obvious that the view is scrollable, especially because with various window sizes, nothing looks visibly cut off on the bottom to suggest scrollability, which is the typical metaphor on mobile: https://i.imgur.com/mN7AD09.jpg

I have added scrollbars.

> Like KRecorder, the config dialog should be a separate window on desktop mode (and a full-window page on mobile mode, which it already does, so +1 for that).

Added.

> I can swipe left and right to switch which city's weather is being displayed, but this isn't visually obvious. Maybe add subtle left- and rightward-pointing arrows on the sides of the view to suggest that there's more than, and that can also be tapped/clicked to change the view.

The swipe left and right functionality I intended for touch users, I
feel like it's a bit strange to use that on a desktop with a mouse
(hence the location selection button). I think it is not necessary to
really add more buttons to go right and left, since it will reduce the
amount of space we have in the top area for the location name (width
space is limited on mobile).

> In the "Add Location" sheet, the "Add Current Location" button should probably use the "mark-location" icon, which is more visually appropriate.

Added.

> In the "Add Location" sheet, the search button should be disabled when the search field has no text in it. Also... is that button even needed at all? The search field seems to start searching immediately after I finish typing, so maybe the button can be removed.

I disabled the button when there is no text, I prefer having the
button there for people that can get confused about doing the results
if they load slowly.

> The Locations button in the top-right corner of the main page should maybe use the "find-location" icon which is slightly more visually appropriate. Also its tooltip needs to start with an action verb and say something like "Choose locations".

Added.