KPipeWire in kdereview

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Mon May 30 14:17:14 BST 2022

On Monday, May 30, 2022 2:55:55 PM CEST Aleix Pol wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I'd like to get KPipeWire (https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kpipewire)
    >released from KDE eventually.
    >
    >At the moment it's under Plasma as it's the only place where it's
    >being used, I know we might want to use it in spectacle eventually,
    >although I feel like it's premature to get it in frameworks just yet,
    >although it should be a possibility down the line.
    >
    >If you wanted to test it beyond what Plasma does, you can try this
    >little app for recording your wayland desktops and windows.
    >https://invent.kde.org/apol/screenrecord
    >
    >Cheers!
    >Aleix

Hi,

- The repo could use a README that explains what it is and isn't
- The repo probably shouldn't have a .kdev4 file
- CMakeLists.txt states 5.20 as minimum ECM version. That sounds wrong
- (some of) the pkg_check_modules calls should probably have REQUIRED
- I get some build warnings:

[9/46] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/KPipeWire.dir/pipewirecore.cpp.o
/home/nico/kde/src/kpipewire/src/pipewirecore.cpp:21:1: warning: missing
initializer for member ‘pw_core_events::done’ [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
    21 | };
       | ^
/home/nico/kde/src/kpipewire/src/pipewirecore.cpp:21:1: warning: missing
initializer for member ‘pw_core_events::ping’ [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
/home/nico/kde/src/kpipewire/src/pipewirecore.cpp:21:1: warning: missing
initializer for member ‘pw_core_events::remove_id’ [-Wmissing-field-
initializers]
/home/nico/kde/src/kpipewire/src/pipewirecore.cpp:21:1: warning: missing
initializer for member ‘pw_core_events::bound_id’ [-Wmissing-field-
initializers]
/home/nico/kde/src/kpipewire/src/pipewirecore.cpp:21:1: warning: missing
initializer for member ‘pw_core_events::add_mem’
[-Wmissing-field-initializers]
/home/nico/kde/src/kpipewire/src/pipewirecore.cpp:21:1: warning: missing
initializer for member ‘pw_core_events::remove_mem’ [-Wmissing-field-
initializers]

- ecm_add_qtwayland_client_protocol can take a target since recently
- xdp-recordme probably shouldn't be installed (by default)?
- There's no FreeBSD CI yet

These are some minor things I noticed while glossing over. I won't
pretent to
understand enough about PipeWire to comment on the actual code.

Cheers

Nico