KQuickChatComponents in kdereview

Janet Blackquill uhhadd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 20:21:02 GMT 2022

Am Mi., 12. Jan. 2022 um 16:44 Uhr schrieb David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk>:

> # Overall:
> How is LTR meant to work? You're using it for internal layouting
> purposes so any genuine LTR would now be quite broken, I suspect it
> will all appear aligned to one side. At a minimum we would need to
> inverse the logic inside ChatBubble::tailBase and it needs some
> testing

The library doesn't make any assumptions about how the app wants to
lay out its messages in RTL; it's up to the app authors to decide how
they want to align and mirror their bubbles if they do.

That being said, I copied over the code from Tok that makes the inline
footer dodge text in the TextBubble component just now, with a
corresponding example.

> # ChatBubble:
>
> property alias inlineFooterContent: _row.data
> property alias inlineFooter: _row
>
> Either one makes sense, but I'm not sold on having both. What if
> someone set inlineFooter to a null? then used inlineFooterContent

Making inlineFooter the only property.

> ---
> Why do we have Kirigami.ShadowedRectangle if the whole thing is in a
> DropShadow effect?

Per-corner radii.

> # TextBubble:
>         readonly property string textPadding: "
> ".repeat(Math.ceil(bubble.bubble.inlineFooter.width /
> dummy.implicitWidth)) + "⠀"
>
> textPadding will affect implicitWidth, basing an implicitWidth off any
> current widths is a path to binding loops. using
> bubble.bubble.inlineFooter.implicitWidth would be ok.

Fixed.

> # Timestamp:
> There's some maths on the sizes, do they need rounding?

Did that.