KQuickChatComponents in kdereview

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 21:43:08 GMT 2022

# Overall:
How is LTR meant to work? You're using it for internal layouting
purposes so any genuine LTR would now be quite broken, I suspect it
will all appear aligned to one side. At a minimum we would need to
inverse the logic inside ChatBubble::tailBase and it needs some
testing

# ChatBubble:

property alias inlineFooterContent: _row.data
property alias inlineFooter: _row

Either one makes sense, but I'm not sold on having both. What if
someone set inlineFooter to a null? then used inlineFooterContent

---
Why do we have Kirigami.ShadowedRectangle if the whole thing is in a
DropShadow effect?

# TextBubble:
        readonly property string textPadding: "
".repeat(Math.ceil(bubble.bubble.inlineFooter.width /
dummy.implicitWidth)) + "⠀"

textPadding will affect implicitWidth, basing an implicitWidth off any
current widths is a path to binding loops. using
bubble.bubble.inlineFooter.implicitWidth would be ok.

# Timestamp:
There's some maths on the sizes, do they need rounding?