State of server-side retrace of KDE crashes?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 16 08:03:04 GMT 2022

Lyubomir Parvanov wrote:
> There were some talks about adding a server-side retrace service for KDE,
> what's the latest status quo? I really believe that KDE would be way more
> stable if this was existing...

I do not think server-side retrace is feasible without split debuginfo
packages. If you need to rebuild the package to get debugging information,
as is currently the case on Arch, you have no way to ensure that the rebuild
will use the exact same addresses as the version that produced the
backtrace.

Arch needs to provide split debuginfo like basically all other major
distributions. There is no way around it.

        Kevin Kofler