Aura Browser in KDE Review

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Aug 26 23:40:51 BST 2022

El divendres, 26 d’agost de 2022, a les 12:27:22 (CEST), Aditya Mehra va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> Aura Browser is in KDE Review and would like to release it along with Plasma
> Bigscreen
>
> Aura browser is a web browser specifically designed to work with remote
> controls and key navigation for Plasma Bigscreen, it supports a virtual
> mouse cursor and multiple tabs it also includes a third party AdBlock from
> brave browser based on easy list.
>
> You can find the repository here:
> https://invent.kde.org/plasma-bigscreen/aura-browser
>
> Request to please review Aura Browser.

wcgrep text: | grep \"
will show you lots of places that need i18n (or qstr that you use in 2 places)

You have a Messages.sh but if you're going to keep using qstr you need to
update it to use the Qt extraction command not the ki18n one.

All those third-party are a bit sub-optimal, can we depend on packaged
versions of them or they don't exist as such?

Can you make cmake complain if the virtualkeyboard is not found? i think we
have RUNTIME warning categories for that?

It's relatively easy to get it crashing on closing the app, open a webpage (i
tried wikipedia), close the app

gdb trace https://pst.klgrth.io/paste/jobc7

Cheers,
  Albert