Move Licentia to KDEREVIEW

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Aug 8 19:33:16 BST 2022

David Redondo wrote:

> Am Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 12:37:09 CEST schrieben Sie:
>>
>> Please note that Gitlab and other places still do rely on LICENSE (or
>> COPYING) files being present (and I guarantee there is distribution
>> tooling out there that does the same too) so I wouldn't be too quick to
>> shoot down LICENSE files in the root of repositories.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ben
>
> That ship has long sailed.
> At least for frameworks and most of plasma has been converted.

In the case of the GNU licenses, it is actually a violation of the license
to not ship a LICENSE/COPYING file along with the project. (This matters as
soon as you incorporate even a handful lines of third-party code under the
same license.)

It is also Fedora policy that upstream SHOULD include a license file and
that we will file bugs upstream to request them being added where they are
missing. I believe that Fedora is not the only distribution with such a
policy.

So any commits removing license files ought to be reverted ASAP. A pointer
is not enough.

        Kevin Kofler