Towards Excellent Defect Management

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Sep 14 19:35:40 BST 2021

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 5:35 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El dimarts, 14 de setembre de 2021, a les 17:23:01 (CEST), Harald Sitter
> va escriure:
> > It is  practically free software as far as we are concerned
>
> I guess this means it's not actually Free Software?

Please see https://open.sentry.io/licensing/

The tl;dr is that the license it is provided under (BSL 1.1) is not OSI
approved due to the restriction on it's use by cloud vendors (ie. it has an
anti-AWS clause).
That restriction lapses after 36 months, at which point it is Apache 2.0
compatible.

Based on what Harald has written earlier, it looks like Sentry is the only
suitable game in town for what we need - the only question is whether we
are happy to make use of BSL 1.1 licensed software given that we have
traditionally only deployed 100% open source software to our systems (which
is why we use Gitlab CE over Gitlab EE)

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Cheers,