Gitlab CI - Inbound

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Sep 5 10:33:16 BST 2021

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 9:04 PM Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Congratulations to Ben for this important step in the KDE CI workflow.
>
> I'm sure that it's too far ahead, but we will be interested later, when
> the infrastructure is ready in gitlab, to run all gitlab CI with digiKam
> code. Of course this requires solving a lot of dependencies, but please
> keep in mind in the future. This can also be a project to delegate to a
> student later : "port digiKam CI to Gitlab"...

The existing Docker images will be carried over, so all non-KDE
dependencies will continue to be available from Day 1.

The important part here is that projects start getting their .kde-ci.yml
files in place.
This is especially the case if you are a project that other projects depend
on (as is the case for libraries, as well as a handful of applications)

> My best regards
>
> Gilles Caulier

Regards,
Ben